The aim of this BST Module is to enable those attending to administer first aid skills correctly and safely, with particular focus on using them in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment.
The course is a combination of practical and theory training.
Attendees completing the course will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance for first aid
- How to carry out first aid safely in accordance to ERC and local guidelines
- Show an understanding of guidelines set out by the AHA
- Understand and explain normal functions, the signs of symptoms of minor/major injury and illness, and appropriate first aid
- Demonstrate in understanding of how to safely apply techniques within a wind turbine environment
Content and requirements
There are four key modules on this course:
- Hazards present both on and offshore
- Your responsibility as a first aider
- Managing minor and serious incidents
- Example scenarios and exercises
Get in touch
Want to learn more about our First Aid related courses? Drop us a note below.