The goal of this course is to give the delegates essential knowledge and skills to help prevent fires, make appropriate judgements when there is a fire, manage an evacuation of personnel and ensure the safety of all on site.
For smaller fires or ones that can be safely handled by the delegates, we teach appropriate fire-fighting skills and the correct use of equipment.
The aim of this module is to ensure delegates can:
- Identify the warning signs of a fire in progress, including smoke
- Understand and follow fire evacuation procedures
- Understand contingency plans in relation to wind turbine fires
- Identify what could cause a fire in a wind turbine
- Demonstrate safe use of personal fire-fighting equipment
Content and requirements
The Fire Awareness course includes five key sections:
- How fires develop and spread
- Potentials causes and risks of fires in wind turbines
- Identifying the signs of fire
- Smoke detection and emergency escape procedures
- How to use personal fire-fighting equipment
Get in touch
Want to learn more about our Fire Awareness related courses? Drop us a note below.